- Today is your most precious possession.
- Learn to accept and cooperate with the inevitable.
- Avoid worrying about either the past or the future. “Live in daytight compartments” in which you focus on the present and what you can do today.
- Put past mistakes behind you and move on.
- When you worry, you become tens and nervous. This affects your body chemistry and it is dangerous for your health.
- You will worry less if you analyze the problem so you can do something about it.
- Get busy with something else; preferably something constructive. This technique works well, beause the human mind cannot think of more than one thing at a time.
- Don’t concern yourself with minor things.
- Change your mental attitude and stay possitive.
- No matter what happens, always be yourself. Don’t try to imitate others.
Stop Worrying about the past or the future
Shut off the past! Let the dead past burry its dead. Shut oout the yesterdays which have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Every day is a new life to a wise man
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. we are all dreaming of rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
True peace of mind comes from accepting the worse. Psychologically, it means a release of energy.
What worry can do to you
Remind yourself of the exorbitant price you can pay for worry in terms of your health. Those who do not know how to fight worry die young.
Get the Facts and Decide What to Do
If a man will devote his time to securing facts in an impartial, objective way, his worries will usally evaporate in the light of knowledge.
Techniques to Break the Worry Habit
It is the failure to arrive at a fixed purpose, the inability to stop going round and round in maddening circles, that drives men to nervous break downs and living hells.
Worry is most apt to ride you ragged not when you are in action, but when the day’s work is done. Your imagination can run riot then and bring up all sorts of ridiculous possibilities and magnify each little blunder.
The remedy for worry is to get completely occupied doing something constructive.
We must accept and cooperate with the inevitable.
Ways to Change your Attitude
Our thoguhts make us what we are.
Think and act cheerfully, and you will feel cheerful.
Other Keys to Gaining Peace and Happiness
- Don’t try to get even or get revenge if you feel someone has wronged you.
- Don’t expect people to be grateful because people often forget to show gratitude.
- “Count your blessings - not your troubles” means focusing on what is good and right about your life, rather than the things that are wrong.
- Concentrate on being who you are rather than trying to be like someone else. Everyone is unique.